06/19/2013 § Leave a Comment
05/31/2013 § Leave a Comment
It was our third anniversary on Wednesday. In that past year we’ve kind-of given up on gifts. A lesson that should have been learned a long time ago, we’re both terrible gift givers. Problem 1? Husband never wants anything and usually returns it. Problem 2? I’m just as bad and usually return mine too. Thus anniversaries are basically a few hours alone and more verbal than anything else.
And when I say verbal, I mean there is a hysterically creepy song that my husband sings to me.
He shouts it at me. You really have to appreciate that over a card.
Luckily after a week of rain, we made it out just in time for a little sunshine and alone time on the water enough alone time for husband to serenade me with his beautiful shouting voice.
That right there is true love people.
05/23/2013 § 1 Comment
Had to share this amazing shot of my new found friend Quyen from June and Jae Photography. I AM ABSOLUTELY THRILLED to photograph her and Michael’s Gatsby-inspired wedding next year in St. Paul! Eeeek!!!
05/14/2013 § 1 Comment
My personal goal of shooting more personal work kind-of blew up in my face these last few weeks. In between husband’s awkward work schedule, booking weddings, editing, and trying to find a day off, that personal stuff fell straight off my priority list. Boo. I’m terrible. But this weekend is the start to the official wedding season. So while I’m running around the midwest, I’m hoping you enjoy your weekend off! Above are a few pictures of life lately…
1) Found the time to rack up some bonus wife points by attempting to make homemade doughnuts. I probably would have gotten more if I left most of them untouched.
2) I get to go to bed with this adorable thing every night. Jealous?
3) Ahhh SPRING!!! It’s finally in Minnesota!!
4) Meetings. Lots and lots and lots of meetings! But I am falling in all sorts of love with my new bride and grooms.
5) Husbands awesome ice cream cone during one of our afternoons dates.
6) Stickygram/Husky obsessions
7) A puppy-versary. We’ve officially claimed this bundle of fluff for four years. We must have celebrated too much because the next day the vet put our chubby husky on a diet.
8) I said it already, but I’ll say it again, ITS SPRING! Our winter was six months long. SIX MONTHS LONG. Do you understand what that does to a person? Do you really?!
04/26/2013 § 5 Comments
There is so much to be said about this wedding and this couple! I first met Emily last summer and instantly connected with her over blogging. Shortly after Matt proposed to Emily, we met up to discuss the possibility of them having their wedding in California! My oh my how perfect their idea was. Their wedding was completely laid-back and had their personalities written all over it! Their ceremony was set in the vineyard with spectacular views of the valley. The pair said their I-do’s in the sprinkling rain while their parents happily looked on and a guitarist strummed along. It was stunning. THEY were stunning.
Congratulations Matt and Emily, I am so thankful to have been a part of your BEAUTIFUL day!
Location: Carmel Valley Ranch
Dress: Monique Lhuillier
Hair and Make-up: Bride
04/22/2013 § 2 Comments
These pictures were taken on the second leg of my trip in California [first part here] where my bride and groom, Matt and Emily said “I do”. They kicked off their wedding weekend by having dinner in the little town of Carmel and then having a picnic and a pre-wedding hike at Point Lobos.
Their wedding was just to die for. It was so THEM and so quaint and FUN. I can’t wait to share it with you later this week!